Monday, July 04, 2011

My name is Lou, and I am a border collie

Only Canadians are going to get this.  :-)
-----------------------------------------------------
Hey, I'm not a heeler, or an aussie, or a lassie collie
I don't bite people, or dogs, or cats
and I don't know the dogs from Babe
although I'm certain they're really really nice.

I have eye, not a bark
I respond to whistles, not yelling
And I cast wide, not run up the middle

I am welcome on most farms
I can lie quietly for hours, until it is time to work
I believe in calm control of my sheep, not brute force
And that slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
A flank should bend nicely,
And lie down means stop.

We are the world's premier stockdog
The smartest dog in the dog world
and the shepherd's best friend.

My name is Lou
And I am a border collie!!!


No comments: