Monday, June 20, 2011

My latest obsession

**  With apologies to those of you who have already been (over)exposed to this on Facebook**

I don't teach my dogs very much.  They need to come when called, stay when told, and not lick.  That's it.   I'm a regular dog whisperer.

But every now and again, something catches my fancy, and I think "Hey, I think I'd like to train THAT".  Further, it seems that I like to teach things that meet the following criteria:
  • Require purchase of expensive equipment (such as a dogwalk)
  • Require purchase of training aids (such as smaller, fancier HD camcorder and a Manners Minder)
  • Can be trained in my backyard 
  • Can be tracked on overly complex Excel spreadsheet

Luckily, the running dogwalk met all these criteria and so much more!  Other benefits that are just icing on the cake:
  • Learned that I was incredibly out of shape and vowed to change my ways (this is a work in progress)
  • Convinced the neighbours that I am, in fact, insane (Gogogogogogogogo yay for you!!!!!)
  • Found out that Wick can send to equipment such as dogwalks if I, say, practiced it every once in a while

So here it is, the short version of  Rex's Running Dogwalk Diary:




For those that truly have too much time on their hands, here is a painstaking, session by session account.  We'll see how it all works this weekend when Rex debuts his much-documented dogwalk at the Kee-Giggs agility trial.

No comments: