Wednesday, September 23, 2015

USBCHA Finals - Day 3

Day 3 brought us the second half of the Nursery class and another day on the Open field.  District 10 did great on both fields.  Lee Lumb and Bella sit fourth in Nursery after the first round, which is excellent as the championship is cumulative over two rounds.  Louanne Twa and Gus Twa are sitting in fourth as well in Open, with one more day to run.  Top 40 go through to the semi-finals.  Gus will be there!

Today was spent driving from one field to the next.  On one drive from the nursery field to the open field, I heard a helluva racket.  I thought it might be my rooftop box, but no, it was my tie-out cables.  They were still attached to my wheel.  Luckily, my dogs were not attached to the cables.  Deep breath.  Serenity now.

For the first time since he has been competing at the USBCHA finals, Alasdair will not have a dog in the finals.  I am deeply disappointed for him, and for me, because he is an absolute artist at the international shed and I love watching him.  While I am certain he is upset, he has remained unfailingly funny and self-deprecating, and really an example of how one handles oneself with grace.

Tonight, we had the USBCHA AGM.  I went largely because there were sandwiches, but I have to say, it was quite interesting.  Member input is being sought on a number of topics, and there was lively conversation during the meeting.  There also was a salami flower on the cold cut tray.  It was glorious.

Mindy models the rare salami flower.
Tomorrow, I will go to the Modoc National Wildlife Refuge, in hopes of seeing some interesting birds.  There is a driving route, so it's the kind of birding that I like.  Drive-by shooting.  :-)  Then I'll return to the field to cheer on the baby dogs and the last set of Open dogs.  I might buy some more stuff too.  There is much stuff to buy.

Finally, thank you for all your kind words.  I obviously am disappointed that we weren't able to get the sheep around the course, but I'm also enormously proud of my orange dog, whom I bought at the end of last year.  It feels like I've had him forever, and he has been a lovely addition to the pack.
 
Thank you to Patricia for the lovely photo of our first time to the post at a USBCHA finals.  I hope it's the first of many!

Photo - Patricia MacRae 


No comments: