Thursday, November 03, 2011

TMT November 3


1. What are you thankful for this week?
This week, I am thankful for miracles and Good Samaritans.  My boss and his wife were in a horrible plane crash and they literally were pulled from the burning wreckage by people who jumped out of their cars and ran into the fire.  Because of these brave men, my friends are alive and should make a full recovery.

2. How do you deal with a squeaker/shrieker/noisy dog?
My Bear dog was a bit of a squeaker.  I guess I dealt with it by sighing deeply.  :-)

3. What would you say is ONE skill or attribute needed to be successful? 
I think that you need to be prepared.  Like a boy scout.  Was it boy scouts that were prepared?  Or was it the cubs?  Beavers?  Brownies?  Mmmmm .... brownies .....  What was the question again?

4. What are your favorite games?
My dogs like Charge of the Light Brigade, where they storm out of a door and run in a straight line AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.  Then they return to me, their benevolent dictator, and line up, waiting to be sent again.  It's a stupid game but they like it.  I like Texas Hold 'Em but I giggle when I have a good hand, so I'm pretty easy to beat.  I also am not good at holding my cards in a discreet manner and often get reprimanded by the dealer.  I should probably only play online.

5. What are some of your strategies for dealing with winter?
My strategy is living in a place that doesn't really have winter.  In Vancouver, we have "it's raining" and "it's not raining".  We've entered the "it's raining" season, and my coping strategy is to cover up the white leather couch with a series of unattractive blankets.  Hopefully, this will see us through to next July, when "it's not raining" starts.

1 comment:

Laura Carson said...

OMG, Kristi, how scary and yet awesome that those people pulled your boss and his wife out of that crash??? Wow.

I think it is boy scouts that are prepared. I was a brownie, and I was pretty prepared. Hm.

My dogs play a similar game to the Charge of the Light Brigade - only difference being that while doing this Nick and Linc make awful noises and bite AT each other. Cracks me up.