Monday, October 10, 2011

Today I am thankful for

Happy Thanksgiving!  Before I leave for my brother's to gorge on turkey, I will take a moment to give thanks for my canine blessings.

First, to my crazy girl, Wick, who continues to blaze around like a 3 year-old.  Wick must be around 11, and shows no sign of slowing down.  Hopefully, we'll be able to finish that ATChC soon, and then we'll work to get tuned up for regionals and nationals next year.

Second, I am thankful for my good dog, Lou.  He just laid down two pretty nice runs at Paxton Valley this past weekend.  We missed too many panels to get a decent score, but his outwork was, as usual, just beautiful.  I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching him lift sheep.   It's just ... perfect.

And finally, I am thankful for Rex.  He has been the opposite of Lou for me - he's tough, head-strong, and has a temper.  I've thought about quitting herding with him more than once, but I'm glad I didn't.  This weekend was the first time I truly enjoyed running him, even though we earned letters on both runs.    Rex tries really hard, and the least I can do is try with him.

No comments: